A version of a classic comfort that is perfect by itself or coupled with most any meal.
- 1 Large red onion
- 2 Medium yellow onions
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 48 oz. beef broth
- 2/3 Cup red wine (Cabernet)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- Heat skillet on med-high heat. Add butter and oil.
- Slice Onions thin and place in hot pot. Make sure onions do not burn by siring frequently.
- Once onions become translucent and fragrant add garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add rosemary salt and pepper and stir well. Add wine and cook another 3 minutes.
- Slowly add beef broth. Allow to cook 45 minutes on medium with a soft boil.
- Serve with sliced manchego cheese.
- You can broil on high a few minutes to melt cheese over soup.