A great halibut recipe that has hazelnut meal, egg whites and grass fed butter. So it’s as healthy as it is delicious!
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut
- 1/2 c hazelnut or almond meal
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T grass fed butter
Simple Salad, optional
- 4 c baby greens of your choice
- 1/2 c sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c cooked green beans
- 1/4 c crumbled sheep feta
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- If serving over salad, prepare salad now so it is ready to go.
- Add hazelnut flour to a pie plate (or any dish with sides) and season with salt and pepper.
- In another one, whisk together 1 egg plus 2 egg whites.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter plus 1 tablespoon oil (you may need extra if it’s a large skillet – you want the entire bottom coated). Allow this to heat up.
- Quickly dredge the fish into hazelnut meal mixture, then egg wash. Repeat with each piece of fish. Cook for about 4 minutes (the fish should have a nice golden crust), lift fish out of pan with a spatula. Flip and repeat.
- Place entire skillet into the oven or transfer to baking dish and allow to finish cooking (about 4-7 minutes depending on fish size). When fish is fully cooked (opaque in color), remove from oven and immediately serve over mixed salad. Top with cilantro lime vinaigrette.