This savory paleo soup makes you feel like you are eating a delicious pot pie but without all the carbs!
- 3 cups shredded chicken or turkey, cooked
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 coconut cream
- 2 T pasture butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 c peas
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 t dried sage
- 1 t dried thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, melt butter.
- Add onions, garlic, celery to butter and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently.
- Add stock, carrots and chicken or turkey. Season with salt, pepper, dried thyme and sage.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add peas and coconut cream.
- Stir well and cook additional 5 minutes.