This is a super yummy side dish that combines cabbage, bacon, onions, and garlic!
- 1 large head green cabbage sliced core removed
- 4 sliced turkey bacon
- 1 onion small diced
- 3 cloved minced garlic
- 1/4 c sliced pasture butter
- 1 T olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add bacon, onion and garlic with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until bacon is cooked.
- Turn heat off and set aside in pan.
- In large stockpot bring 6 c of water to boil.
- Drop in cabbage and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and strain cabbage.
- Heat skillet containing bacon and onion back on high heat.
- Add cabbage and butter and stir well until butter is melted.